Linux System Administrator (m/w/d)
About the position
Our team is building a revolutionary product which will affect the way millions of people study and play music every day. We are searching for an experienced and passionate System Administrator ready to join our effort and help us build and bring to life the internal foundation of our solution – a stable internal infrastructure with monitored solutions. Our product will provide millions of amateurs and professionals instant access to the majority of world’s music heritage.
NOT a remote work position. Please only apply if you are located in Berlin or if you hold a valid German work permit.
• System monitoring and maintenance including configuration & security management, patching,
automation, system hardening and upgrades.
• Ensuring overall system and server up-time, availability, reliability and security.
• Keeping updated, accurate and reliable backups of application and databases.
• Documenting policies and procedures.
• Troubleshooting server-side issues as they arise.
• Manage Hardware and Software for the entire team on-site and remotely.
• Liaising with 3rd party vendors, IT providers, etc.
What we expect from you
• Multiple years of experience with Systems monitoring and issues handling.
• Multiple years of experience with Complex internal infrastructures and their maintenance.
• Solid experience in managing hardware and software for employees.
• Solid experience in working with Storage solutions and RAIDs.
• Good Experience with monitoring solutions such as Zabbix, Nagios, Influx and their implementation.
• Good experience in the security topic.
• Experience with internal and external backup solutions.
What will be a bonus
• You are passionate about what you do and deliver.
• Experience in Bash/Python programming languages.
• Experience working with external IT solutions(hosting centers, data centers).
• Experience with Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet.
• Knowledge of Cloud solutions such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
• Experience with the Atlassian stack.
What we offer you
• Competitive compensation scheme.
• Comfortable modern office in the heart of Berlin’s tech scene, very well connected to all local transportation services.
• Small team, flat hierarchy, founder-led start-up.
• We value diversity. You will only be judged based on your skills and fit for the job.
• We are open minded. You are more than welcome to criticize and improve our processes and working culture.
• High quality standards, your colleagues are experienced professionals.
• Top-notch hardware equipment.
• Great career opportunities – you will be building the product from the very beginning, defining its architecture and software design.
• Education Budget.
• Local Transportation Card.