Senior DevOps Engineer (m/w/d)
About the position
Our team is building a revolutionary product which will affect the way millions of people study and play music every day. We are searching for an experienced and passionate DevOps engineer ready to join our effort and help us build and bring to life the foundation of our solution – a scalable backend capable of handling thousands of simultaneous users by means of latest cloud technologies. Our product will provide millions of amateurs and professionals instant access to the majority of world’s music heritage.
NOT a remote work position. Please only apply if you are located in Berlin or willing to relocate.
- Create and maintain Kubernetes clusters for public and private services in the cloud.
- Manage and tune multiple and different database systems, key-value stores and messaging systems.
- Ensure that our services and infrastructure is secure, highly available and scalable.
- Help our development to apply best practices as early as possible in the build and delivery chain.
- Help us with infrastructure and service configuration for performance tuning.
- Automate everything that can be automated.
What we expect from you
- Multiple years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell).
- Multiple years of experience with Cloud Solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Solid production experience in automating Kubernetes deployments (Helm, ArgoCD).
- Solid experience in tuning relational database systems like PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
- Solid Experience with monitoring solutions such as InfluxDB, Kibana, Grafana, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and their implementations.
- Experience with architecture tools such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
What will be a bonus
- You are passionate about what you do and deliver.
- Experience in Go, Node.js, Rust and/or Java.
- Experience with automation in GCP, Azure and/or DO.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet.
- Experience with Helm Charts and ArgoCD manifests.
- Experience with ELK stack and/or Influx stack.
- Experience with performance tuning of Memcached, Redis and/or MongoDB clusters/replication setups.
- Actively contributing back to the open-source community and not afraid of forking if necessary.
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation scheme.
- Work with some of the world leading AI and BigData developers who won global Kaggle and TopCoder competitions.
- Comfortable modern office in the heart of Berlin’s tech scene, very well connected to all local transportation services.
- Small team, flat hierarchy, founder-led start-up.
- We value diversity. You will only be judged based on your skills and fit for the job.
- We are open minded. You are more than welcome to criticize and improve our processes and working culture.
- High quality standards, your colleagues are experienced professionals.
- Top-notch hardware equipment.
- Great career opportunities – you will be building the product from the very beginning, defining its architecture and software design.
- Education Budget.
- Local Transportation Card.